Sunday, July 13, 2014

A Great Day in Peninsula

      We got off to a great start at the Peninsula Foundation's first (possibly annual)" Historic Art in Historic Places". We had a wonderful group of students taking the classes who were very enthusiastic and talented!
They really made teaching fun.

There is a lot of preparation that goes into getting ready to teach a textile workshop. Starting with the initial design of the project and getting it stitched to dissecting it for students. I then spend several days getting wool dyed, and more time copying patterns, cutting wool, and all of the other necessary ingredients for the project.
Then my assistant puts together the all of the individual kits. All of this I enjoy.

Workshop day is always the most fun though. It's great to meet new people and visit with friends.

Thank you to everyone who participated and especially to my fellow instructors, Kathy Wright, Lanna Omlor, and Lori Ann Corelis! Also, a huge thank you to Karen at the GAR Hall. It was a beautiful venue and perfect for the workshops!


I'll keep everyone posted on my next event and the future of "Historic Art in Historic Places"

No comments:

Post a Comment