Thursday, June 19, 2014

Resistance is Futile (or Bruce is always right)

Wooly added to a burlap basket




   After years of planning, countless details to get in order, and not a little procrastination, I am on the verge of launching my website. My patient husband once suggested to me many, many years ago that I might want to get an email address to keep in touch with clients. I assured him that would never be the case. Since my feeble quest to stay tech-free came to an end with a taste of the world wide web, he next suggested that I have a Facebook page for my business in order to show potential clients my work. No! I would not be a part of that "social media" herd. "You know that takes over your life" I argued. I don't like to take up too much of my time with unpleasant things. As it is my idea of housework is a quick sweep of the dirt into the cracks of our old floor, and a large bouquet of wildflowers to distract the eye from lingering dust webs.
   


Wooly Box
  Since the Facebook page has been set up as an online portfolio, my dear husband made a new suggestion: a blog. I somehow had the odd notion that a blog was a cross between a forum to rant about conspiracies and a way to bore the world with what you ate for breakfast. Since you are reading this you can guess the outcome of my husband's advice.


   This leads us to the next phase of my work. It really has been years in the making, but with the help of my home-grown design assistants, we are beginning a countdown to the launch of my new website. You will be able view galleries of my work, shop current items for sale, and keep track of events along with other features. One of the special features is a page dedicated to my daughter Kelsey's fraktur artwork. When is the big day you ask? June 26, 2014 we will be going live. I look forward to connecting with you in a new way.
Pennsylvania-German motifs on an early document box

6 comments:

  1. I look forward to being able to see more of you and your daughter's works of art......incredibly talented ladies and smart husband!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting and looking forward to see your beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I CAN NOT WAIT until the unveiling of your web site!!!! I absolutely love your work. Waiting for your book to come out. Tina

    ReplyDelete